Rochester’s Annual Arbor Day Celebration
Partnering Sponsors – Rochester Public Utilities (RPU), Maier Tree & Lawn, Rochester Parks & Recreation, and Sargent’s Gardens hold an Annual Arbor Day Celebration on the last Friday in April every year.
The celebration is held between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Rochester and is open to the public. The festivities include live music, lunch, free trees, various vendors, and many family activities. Winners of the annual elementary school Arbor Day Poster Contest are also announced.
This year, our 18th Annual Arbor Day Celebration, will be held on Friday, April 24, 2020 at Three Links – Silver Lake Park, located at 840 7th St NE in Rochester. As in past years, if there is extreme weather, the event will be moved indoors to Rochester Community and Technical College’s Field House.
Participants include: Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Olmsted County Environmental Resources, Quarry Hill Nature Center, Rochester Police Department, Rochester Public Library, Rochester Public Works, Rochester Water Reclamation Plant, and Zumbro Valley Audubon.
The festivities include:
- Free Admission
- Free Food – Hot Dogs, Chips, Corn on the Cob, Cookies, and Soda
- Presentation of the 2020 Arbor Day Poster Contest Winners
- Live Music from by PK Mayo Trio
- Smokey Bear
- Free Trees
- Chainsaw Carving by Steve Elliott
- Family Activities including:
- Magic by Terry Lee
- Go! Play! Explore! Mobile Rec trailer by Rochester Parks & Recreation
- Bean Bag Toss Game
- BookBike and ArtCart by Rochester Public Library
- Bird Wheel of Fortune Game by Zumbro Valley Audubon
- Tree Medallion Necklaces
- Give Recycling A Shot by Olmsted County Environmental Resources
- Apple Toss Game
- Meet “The Clog” by Rochester Water Reclamation Plant
- And much more!